Forget counting sheep–in this household it’s all about counting litter. Jon has been busy this week going through the recycling collected from last Saturday’s clean up in Donkey Field, and the total is in: our volunteers collected just under 400 items. To be precise, it was 397 recyclables: 41 glass bottles, 159 plastic bottles, and 197 aluminium cans.
Imagine for a moment if there was a deposit return scheme at 10p an item: we’d be averaging nearly £20 an hour! But even better–it’s unlikely this rubbish would have been littered in the first place.
And don’t forget to mark your calendars for Saturday, 3rd March (and keep your fingers crossed for good weather!). We’ll be at Monkton Park from 10am-noon for Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British Spring Clean. Hope to see you there!
2018 Clean Ups:
- 3rd March: Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British Spring Clean at Monkton Park, 10am-noon
- 12th May: Donkey Field, 10am-noon
- 7th July: Sign up in the sidebar (or drop me a line) to get added to the mailing list to find out more about this unofficial clean up.
- 15th September: Monkton Park, 10am-noon
- 10th November: Donkey Field, 10am-noon